INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (JD & LL.M.)
To be eligible for Federal Financial Aid you need to:
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or have completed homeschooling.
- Be a citizen, or an eligible non-citizen of the United States.
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Be registered with the Selective Service System, if required.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Not owe a refund on a federal student grant or be in default on a federal student loan.
- Not have a conviction for the possession or sale of illegal drugs for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid (such as grants, work-study, or loans).
- Be enrolled in at least 6 hours
If you meet these requirements you can file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
SCHOLARSHIPS (Foreign LL.M. Students)
For possible funding sources, check:
LOANS FOR FOREIGN J.D. & LL.M Students:
- Private loans (with a U.S. Cosigner) From the drop-down menu, select school: University of Houston then select program: Law Student.
University of Houston Law Center
Financial Aid & Scholarship Office
4170 Martin Luther King Blvd
Houston, TX 77204-6060
School code 003652