Weaver-Lang Presidential Fellowship in Law
This fellowship was established in honor of Professor Jaqueline Lang Weaver ‘75, her husband, Kirk Weaver; and their parents, Cecile and Harold Weaver and Ruth and Hans Lang, in recognition of the decades of support given to graduate and professional education by the Weaver and Lang families. This fellowship is awarded to students in the LLM program who have a strong academic record and an interest in energy law.
Donor: D.J. Baker ‘73 and Suzanne Baker ‘73
- Has been accepted to the UHLC Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Law (EENR) LL.M. program
- Can be a U.S. educated or foreign educated
- GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) or above (or comparable)
- Complete the application to the UH Law Center Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Law(EENR) LL.M. Program
- Receive acceptance into the EENR LL.M. program
- Submit a short statement (not more than 1-page, 500 words, single spaced) of interest in energy law and how you intend to use the EENR LL.M. in their legal career (submit to LLM@UH.EDU with the Subject: Weaver-Lang Fellowship)
- For consideration for fall (August) start, the candidate must submit their statement by April 1.
- Notification will be made to the fellowship recipient by April 15.
- If awarded the Weaver-Lang Fellowship, candidate must accept and enroll in the EENR LL.M. program (including pay the enrollment deposit) within 5 business days of notification of receipt of award. If not, the award is forfeited and another candidate will be selected.
Total Award Package (2022) includes:
- Weaver-Lang Presidential Fellowship in Law $5000 award (one time)
- LL.M. Dean’s Merit Scholarship $1000
- In-State Tuition Waiver (approx. $11,000)
- Awardee will also be featured on the UH Law Center Global and Graduate Programs and EENR websites (awardee will be asked to sign a release for use of picture, name, etc.)