Visit the UH Law Center
In light of the growing concerns regarding COVID-19, The Graduate Legal Studies Office has suspended tours and on-campus visits at this time. However, we are still operating and have a number of online and virtual options available to learn more about the program(s) and to confirm the application requirements and procedure for prospective students! Please review the types of visits and click on the link to select the date and time of the virtual visit that best meets your needs.
Virtual Class Visits
The Office of Admissions has several classes available for you to view. As more class recordings become available the website will be updated.
- Property with Professor Kellen Zale
- Torts with Professor Victor Flatt
Virtual Information Sessions
The Graduate Legal Studies Office hosts a number of information sessions designed to give prospective applicants a general overview of the admissions process, program requirements, the application process and the UH Law Center LL.M. program. The (approx.) 45-minute program will conclude with a Q&A session.
- Wed, 2/1/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated 10:00am – 11:00am
- Thur, 2/9/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Mon, 2/13/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated 4:00pm – 5:00pm
- Tue, 2/28/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated Noon – 1:00pm
- Tue, 3/7/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Mon, 3/20/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated 10:00am – 11:00am
- Thur, 3/30/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated 4:00pm – 5:00pm
- Tue, 4/4/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Thur, 4/13/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated 10:00am – 11:00am
- Mon, 4/24/2023 – LLM Information Session-Foreign Educated 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Please RSVP for the Information Session here.
Meeting with the Graduate Legal Studies Staff
Here are some tips to make the most of the Virtual Information Session:
- Prepare questions for the session. We cannot anticipate all the questions that you may have, and you may have trouble remembering everything you wanted to ask. It is helpful when candidates have a list of specific questions based on the information they have already gathered from our brochure and website, allowing them to guide the discussion. Candidates will have the opportunity to have their specific questions answered during the Q&A period at the end of the session.
- Fail to do your homework. Scheduling a meeting to ask about English Proficiency scores, application deadlines, or other information easily found in our brochure or on the website is not a good use of your time. Use the resources available through our website and LSAC.org to help you determine what unanswered questions you still have before your meeting.
- Ask the Graduate Legal Studies staff to predict your chances for admission. The Admissions Committee considers many factors when making admissions decisions. Decisions are based on the overall strength of an applicant's file and careful review of all application materials; not solely on English proficiency and GPA. We cannot predict your chances for admission.
- Ask for personal statement or resume revisions. Graduate Legal Studies staff cannot assist prospective candidates with the drafting or revision of the personal statement or resume.
The Law Center is in the far northeast corner of the main campus, where Calhoun Rd. "dead ends" one block north of the intersection of Calhoun Rd. and University Drive, just southwest of the intersection of Elgin and Spur 5. Click here for an interactive campus map to help you locate the Bates Law Building and the Elgin Street Garage.
For internet mapping, the best address to enter is 4604 Calhoun Road, Houston TX 77204. For directions, please see Directions to the Main Campus or Google Maps.
- Parking Garages. Visitor parking is available in the Elgin Street Garage, located northwest of the Law Center at the intersection of Elgin St. and Entrance 18.
- UH Parking & Transportation. For more information, please visit the main campus Parking & Transportation site.