The application period for Summer 2024 opens October 1, 2023. Completed applications (online application with accompanying personal statement, resume, transcript, writing sample, and two letters of recommendation) will be reviewed on a monthly basis starting in November. For the Scholar I, Scholar II, and UH Cougar Law programs, the deadline for the application and supplemental materials is Mar 1. Any completed applications submitted after Mar 1 will be considered on a space-availability basis up until the first day of each program.
Note: You will need to complete and submit the following items to complete your application:
Fill out the online application.
- Once you have submitted the application, you will receive an email (to the email address that you listed in your application) containing a personalized link to upload the supplemental materials listed here:
- Most recent undergraduate unofficial transcript (in PDF Form)
- Personal statement explaining the following:
- A personal statement is your opportunity to tell the Admissions Committee more about yourself and convey to us your interest in pursuing a legal career. It is used to help us make an informed decision on your application. At a minimum, your personal statement should address the prompts listed below, but you can refer to these other prompts for inspiration. Please submit a PDF version of a 1-2 page personal statement (11-point and double-spaced) addressing, at minimum, the following prompts:
- Why are you interested in pursuing law?
- How do you think this program will help you achieve your law career goals?
- Have you or your family members experienced any significant challenges that you have had to overcome?
- A PDF copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and your 2023 – 2024 financial aid award letter awarded to you from your educational institution (only required for Scholar IIs applying for scholarship consideration).
- Please submit a writing sample that ranges from 2-4 pages that you have received a grade of a "B" or better.
- Submit a request for your letters of recommendation. To be considered, your application requires two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a college faculty member. These letters must be requested through our online form using the professional work email address of the recommenders. To submit your requests, please fill out both forms below:
- Request a letter of acknowledgment from your advisor (academic or pre-law).
- A letter of acknowledgment is a notification to your advisor that you are applying to be part of this program and acknowledgment that you may seek their support during the course of your law school journey.
Questions? Join us at our next information session or contact email@example.com.