The application period for Summer 2023 opens October 1, 2022. Completed applications (online application with accompanying personal statement, resume, transcript, writing sample, and two letters of recommendation) will be reviewed on a monthly basis starting in November. For the Scholar I, Scholar II, and UH Cougar Law programs, the deadline for the application and supplemental materials is Mar 1. Any completed applications submitted after Mar 1 will be considered on a space-availability basis up until the first day of each program.
Note: You will need to complete and submit the following items to complete your application:
Fill out the online application.
- Once you have submitted the application, you will receive an email (to the email address that you listed in your application) containing a personalized link to upload the supplemental materials listed here:
- Most recent undergraduate unofficial transcript (in PDF Form)
- Writing sample
- a document that showcases your best writing skills, which may be a class assignment in which a grade B or better was received
- Personal statement explaining the following:
- Why are you interested in pursuing law?
- How do you think this program will help you achieve your law career goals?
- Have you or your family members experienced any significant challenges that you have had to overcome?
- A PDF copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and your 2022 – 2023 financial aid award letter awarded to you from your educational institution (only required for Scholar IIs applying for scholarship consideration).
- Submit a request for your letters of recommendation. To be considered, your application requires two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a college faculty member. These letters must be requested through our online form using the professional work email address of the recommenders. To submit your requests, please fill out both forms below:
- Request a letter of acknowledgment from your advisor (academic or pre-law).
- A letter of acknowledgment is a notification to your advisor that you are applying to be part of this program and acknowledgment that you may seek their support during the course of your law school journey.
Questions? Join us at our next information session or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.