UH Law Center external speaker series to examine race, social change, and the law
Jan. 25, 2021 - Law professors from across the country will discuss their research with University of Houston Law Center students as part of the 2021 UHLC Spring Workshop Series.
“The events of the past year have placed racial justice at the forefront of conversations about law and social change,” said Baker Botts LLP Professor of Law and Research Dean Dave Fagundes, “This year’s speaker series will offer cutting-edge perspectives on this important issue from some of the nation’s leading legal scholars.”
The first of the 10 speakers is Fordham University School of Law Professor Bennett Capers.
The remainder of the series schedule will include:
- University of Miami School of Law Professor Osamudia James on Feb. 1
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law Professor Ian Haney López on Feb. 8
- Stanford Law School Professor Richard Ford on Feb. 15
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law Professor Nancy Leong on Feb. 22
- Duke University School of Law Professor Trina Jones on March 1
- University of California, Davis School of Law Professor Karima Bennoune on March 8
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School Assistant Professor Maggie Blackhawk on March 29
- Saint Louis University School of Law Professor Ruqaiijah Yearby on April 5
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Associate Professor Amna Akbar on April 12.
Click here for more information on the UHLC Spring Workshop Series 2021 and its speakers.
Back to News Homepage