6204 Entertainment Law - ALONSO- 25187
Yocel Alonso (ADJUNCT)
Course Areas: Intellectual Property and Information Law
Time: 4:00p-6:00p WLocation: 211 TUII
Course Outline: The course will focus on the constitutional, statutory, and common law framework of entertainment law and its practical implications for practitioners. With the Constitution as our base camp, we will explore the fusion of laws that govern the world of entertainment, including copyrights, trademarks, contracts, and tort law. We will then analyze their impact on the business and legal affairs of recording artists, record companies, publishers, radio and TV broadcasting, and the motion picture industry. The goal will be not only to provide you with a comprehensive insight into this unique field but also prepare you to advise clients with entertainment law related issues, whether they will be in transactions or litigation.
Your Grade: Your course grade will be determined by a closed-book final exam with short answer questions, longer answer questions, true/false questions which ask you to explain your answer, and multiple choice questions. The exam will count for 90% of your grade. The other 10% of your grade will be based on class participation, so come prepared to take part in class with the skill and eloquence of Vincent Gambini. While I will enforce attendance to the extent required by the school, your failure to attend and participate will be your loss. Since the course will not require a paper or homework assignments, the reading assignments will be non-wimpy. The class Web Board, which includes past exams and student answers, will give you an idea of what the course will cover.
Course Syllabus: Syllabus
Prerequisites: None, but intellectual property courses are recommended
First Day Assignments:
Final Exam Schedule: 12/17/14 6pm-8pm 211 TU2
This course will have:
Satisfies Skills Course Requirement: No
Satisfies Senior Upper Level Writing Requirement: No
Course Materials (3/31/2014 11:45:51 AM)