What is SBA?
Student Bar Association (SBA) is the student government organization at the University of Houston Law Center. As the governing body of UHLC, the SBA has an open-door policy which invites students to voice concerns, complaints, and suggestions at any time. SBA presents the needs and concerns of the student body to the Law Center faculty and administration. Additionally, SBA represents the law school in local, as well as national, law communities and sponsors community outreach, networking opportunities, and social events throughout the year for UHLC students.
Some of the perks of being an SBA member include:
- Be part of the largest student organization on campus!
- Opportunities to network with fellow UHLC students and Alumni – make FRIENDS and CONTACTS!
- Involvement in various community outreach and fundraising events
- The chance to represent your campus as an elected officer or class representative
- Priority registration to volunteer at the External Affairs faculty and alumni events
- Half-off Locker Rentals for 2Ls and 3Ls
- Free entry and reduced-price guest tickets to the Halloween Party and Barristers' Ball
- Exclusive access to free drink tickets at Happy Hours, Arbitrations, AND SBA large events