Energy Policy Research Associate Position at Clean Energy
Outcome-oriented analyst needed to conduct energy policy research for non-profit coalition. Position will focus on energy issues in Florida and may include some work in other southeastern states. Analyst will primarily study and recommend strategies to achieve significant increase in energy efficiency, but may also engage on renewable energy, and other strategies to reduce global warming pollution from the energy sector. Solid writing, public speaking, analytic and computer skills are necessary; experience with state agencies, decision-makers, media, and non-profit advocacy desired, Florida-specific experience a bonus. Advanced degree strongly preferred but willing to consider strong candidates with a bachelors degree only. Competitive non-profit salary w/ option of full benefits. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply (no calls please).
Energy Policy Research Associate
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy and its partners in a coalition of Florida non-profit organizations seek an outcome-oriented analyst to conduct energy policy research. The analyst will primarily be responsible for studying and recommending strategies to achieve a significant increase in energy efficiency at the state level, but may also engage on renewable energy, and other strategies to reduce global warming pollution from the energy sector.
The full-time position is expected to be based in Tallahassee, FL, reporting to a technical team of energy experts from several non-profits.
Strong candidates who do not wish to relocate to Tallahassee may be considered, but should explain geographic constraints in the application. Funding for this position is guaranteed for one year with possibility of extension.
The Energy Policy Research Associate will be responsible for conducting independent projects, assisting a core research team with projects, and coordinating work by consultants and colleagues from other allied organizations to achieve the overall goals of the position. Attendance at committee, commission, work group and other public involvement opportunities will be an essential part of the position. These opportunities will involve dialogue with individuals and organizations that are opposed to some or all of our positions, and the analyst will be expected to present a compelling case to support our position while developing an understanding of differing perspectives so that they may be persuaded to adopt a more helpful position on the issues.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in a relevant field of study is desirable
* Demonstrated skills in a professional setting must include writing, public speaking, analysis and a wide range of computer software. These skills need not be demonstrated in an area of energy policy, but must be adequate to allow the analyst to perform duties without further training or daily support in these areas.
* Familiarity with and a record of advocacy work on clean air, global warming or energy policy issues is helpful.
* Experience working with government agencies, decision-makers, or advocates is helpful.
* Ability to work and thrive in adversarial conditions.
* Ability to work well under pressure and with rapidly changing and emerging issues and priorities.
* Ability to work both independently and in collaborative environments.
* Willingness to travel throughout the region.
* A commitment to the mission and goals of the energy coalition.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is mid to high-fourties, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package optional. The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds. References are required and a background check may be performed.
To apply, email a resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications and experience to: email@example.com Attention: Energy Policy Research Associate.