Legal Information Technology
- 8/29/2014 11am - Internet Connectivity Problems: Central Campus IT has been notified. It is a campus-wide network problem. There is no estimated time of resolution but the techs are working on it.
- New Printers at the Law Center! Click here for instructions on how to print at the Law Center.
- New The Electronic Bluebook Training is now available online via Blackboard. This training is required to learn how to use and obtain the exam software. You will need to go through the training, and pass the quiz with a minimum of 80% in order to retrieve the EBB software. There are unlimited attempts. Good Luck!
- Need help? Open a ticket.
- Need to change your password?
If you are on campus, the easiest and quickest way to change your Cougarnet password is by logging in to a Law Center machine (students may use machines located in the library or wireless lab). Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and choose the option for “Change Password.”
However, if you are not on campus, please change your password here.
For information on the UH Strong Password Standard, click here.
Faculty / Staff should be sure to change to the "Faculty/Staff" tab below
- Virus Protection
Configure Windows McAfee Virus Scan to AutoUpdate
New viruses are produced every day, so it is necessary to keep McAfee's virus definition, or .DAT up to date. .DAT files contain up-to-date virus signatures and other information that McAfee anti-virus products use to protect your computer against the thousands of computer viruses in circulation. McAfee releases new .DAT files weekly to provide protection against the approximately 500 new viruses that appear each month. These instructions will assist you in configuring Virus Scan's auto update feature.
In the system tray in the lower right-hand corner of your screen, right-click over the Virus Scan Icon, and select VirusScan Console.
Double-click on AutoUpdate, and click the Schedule button.
Here you would select a time that you would like for the machine to go out to retrieve the most recent DAT files. Please make sure that you have established an internet connection during the time that you have the update scheduled.