Legal Information Technology
- New! EBB Training Avaialable Online.
- New! The following operating systems are supported by the Electronic Bluebook Software: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS 10.6, Mac OS 10.7, Mac OS 10.8, and Mac OS 10.9. Students are advised NOT to upgrade to Windows 8.1 until Electronic Bluebook announces it will support these operating systems.
- VPN for Windows 8.
- IT Help Desk is open on Saturday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
- We've got a new ticket system. Open a ticket.
- Need to change your password?
If you are on campus, the easiest and quickest way to change your Cougarnet password is by logging in to a Law Center machine (students may use machines located in the library or wireless lab). Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and choose the option for “Change Password.”
However, if you are not on campus, please change your password here.
For information on the UH Strong Password Standard, click here.
Faculty / Staff should be sure to change to the "Faculty/Staff" tab below
- Virus Protection
Configure Mac McAfee Virus Scan to AutoUpdate
New viruses are produced every day, so it is necessary to keep McAfee's virus definition, or .DAT up to date. .DAT files contain up-to-date virus signatures and other information that McAfee anti-virus products use to protect your computer against the thousands of computer viruses in circulation. McAfee releases new .DAT files weekly to provide protection against the approximately 500 new viruses that appear each month. These instructions will assist you in configuring Virus Scan's auto update feature.
In the menu in the upper right-hand corner of your screen, click on McAfee Security, and select Preferences.
Click on Update, and click the Schedule button. Here you would select a time that you would like for the machine to go out to retrieve the most recent DAT files. Please make sure that you have established an internet connection during the time that you have the update scheduled.