Legal Information Technology
- Need help? Open a ticket.
- Need to change your password?
If you are on campus, the easiest and quickest way to change your Cougarnet password is by logging in to a Law Center machine (students may use machines located in the library or wireless lab). Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and choose the option for “Change Password.”
However, if you are not on campus, please change your password here.
For information on the UH Strong Password Standard, click here.
Faculty / Staff should be sure to change to the "Faculty/Staff" tab below
Will my classes use Blackboard?
Maybe. Individual instructors decide if they will use Blackboard. Your instructor will inform you if your class uses one of these systems. If your instructor requests the use of Blackboard after classes start, allow 1-2 days for the course to appear in your Blackboard course list.
Where do I find my Blackboard courses?
- Go to AccessUH at to access either or both systems with one log in - your Cougarnet username and password. You will only be able to see the system(s) your courses are using.
- OR you can go to http://www.uh.edu/blackboard and click the blue “Blackboard Vista” button or the white “Blackboard Learn” button.
- For Blackboard Learn, log in with your Cougarnet ID and Cougarnet password.
- For Blackboard Vista, log in with your PeopleSoft ID and your Vista password. Be sure to include the leading zeros. The initial Vista password is your 6-digit birth date in the format mmddyya! where “a” is the first initial of your last name in lower case. The exclamation point is required as part of the password. For example: April 1, 1992 for Jane Smith would be entered as 040192s!
- To reset your password, go to http://www.uh.edu/password
- If you register late or change sections, allow 1-2 working days AFTER YOU REGISTER for the class to be available to you in Blackboard and 2-3 working days to see the systems in AccessUH.
- If you don’t know your PeopleSoft or Cougarnet ID, look it up at https://accessuh.uh.edu, or contact Support for students, as shown below.
- You will NOT get an account if your instructors do not use Blackboard for your courses.
- Your courses may be available on or after the first day of class, or within 1-2 days after the instructor requests the use of Blackboard, or within 1-2 days after you complete registration for the course.
How do I get help? How do I contact Support?
Support for students using Blackboard Vista or Blackboard Learn is available in multiple ways:
- Online at http://www.uh.edu/blackboard - Check out the Student Help tab for useful information.
- By phone at 713-743-1411 - Monday-Friday 8 am to midnight, Saturday-Sunday 8 am to 8 pm (except university holidays).
- In person in 58 MD Anderson Library on the main campus in the Tech Commons area accessible from the back entrance of MD Anderson Library, 24 hours a day Monday-Friday 8 am to midnight, Saturday-Sunday 8 am to 8 pm (except university holidays). Call 713-743-1411 for other locations and times.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, course name and number, class number, instructor’s name, and a detailed description of the problem.
- 5) By live chat at http://www.uh.edu/infotech/livechat - Monday-Tuesday 8 am to 9 pm, Wednesday-Thursday 8 am to 7 pm, Friday 8 am to 5 pm, Saturday-Sunday closed (except university holidays)
- Blackboard Course/Section Finder to check if your course uses Vista or Learn
- Student Information Handout
- Student Video Tutorials - Vista - Learn
- Check Your Browser Settings - Vista 8 SP6 - Learn 9.1 SP9
- Respondus Lockdown Browser Instructions - Vista - Learn
- NOTE: You cannot use AccessUH to take a quiz with Respondus LockDown Browser!
- You must close AccessUH and other programs before launching Respondus Lockdown Browser from the desktop.
- Select the appropriate system - Vista or Learn and log in directly.
- For Vista, use your PeopleSoft ID and Vista password.
- For Learn, use your Cougarnet ID and password.
- For best results, get the latest version of Respondus Lockdown Browser and do not take tests on a wireless connection!
- Testing Best Practices - Vista - Learn
- Optimizing Files for Blackboard - PC Users - Mac Users
- Mac Issues Reading PDFs - Mac Users
- Clicker Help for Students
- Wimba Live Classroom / Wimba Voice Tools
- Frequently Asked Questions / Troubleshooting
- Java Issues
- Account Management Resources