Legal Information Technology
- New! EBB Training Avaialable Online.
- New! The following operating systems are supported by the Electronic Bluebook Software: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS 10.6, Mac OS 10.7, Mac OS 10.8, and Mac OS 10.9. Students are advised NOT to upgrade to Windows 8.1 until Electronic Bluebook announces it will support these operating systems.
- VPN for Windows 8.
- IT Help Desk is open on Saturday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
- We've got a new ticket system. Open a ticket.
- Need to change your password?
If you are on campus, the easiest and quickest way to change your Cougarnet password is by logging in to a Law Center machine (students may use machines located in the library or wireless lab). Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and choose the option for “Change Password.”
However, if you are not on campus, please change your password here.
For information on the UH Strong Password Standard, click here.
Faculty / Staff should be sure to change to the "Faculty/Staff" tab below
What are Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Vista?
Blackboard is an online course system provided by the University of Houston to help instructors put course material online. Blackboard Learn is a newer version of Blackboard Vista and of Engineering Blackboard. In Spring 2013, 90% of courses will use Blackboard Learn and 200 courses will continue using Blackboard Vista. All UH courses will move to Learn within the next few semesters.
How do I get started with using Blackboard?
- New users should start here.
- Returning faculty should:
Where do I find my Blackboard courses?
- Go to AccessUH at to access either or both systems with one log in - your Cougarnet username and password. You will only be able to see the system(s) your courses are using.
- OR you can go to http://www.uh.edu/blackboard and click the blue “Blackboard Vista” button or the white “Blackboard Learn” button.
- For Blackboard Learn, log in with your Cougarnet ID and Cougarnet password.
- For Blackboard Vista, log in with your PeopleSoft ID and your Vista password. Be sure to include the leading zeros. The initial Vista password is your 6-digit birth date in the format mmddyya! where “a” is the first initial of your last name in lower case. The exclamation point is required as part of the password. For example: April 1, 1992 for Jane Smith would be entered as 040192s!
- To reset your password, go to http://www.uh.edu/password
- If you don’t know your PeopleSoft or Cougarnet ID, look it up at https://accessuh.uh.edu, or contact Support as shown below.
How do I get help? How do I contact Support?
Support for faculty using Blackboard Vista or Blackboard Learn is available in multiple ways:
- Contact the Law Center Web Department
- By email - Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone - 713-743-1475
- Option 1 for Accounts
- Option 2 for Instructional Designers
- Faculty Development and Instructional Support
- Workshops for UH Instructors
- Student Information Handout
- UH Online Help Modules for Learn Instructors
- Blackboard Video Tutorials for Learn 9.1 Users
- Account Management Resources