Legal Information Technology
- New! EBB Training Avaialable Online.
- New! The following operating systems are supported by the Electronic Bluebook Software: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS 10.6, Mac OS 10.7, Mac OS 10.8, and Mac OS 10.9. Students are advised NOT to upgrade to Windows 8.1 until Electronic Bluebook announces it will support these operating systems.
- VPN for Windows 8.
- IT Help Desk is open on Saturday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
- We've got a new ticket system. Open a ticket.
- Need to change your password?
If you are on campus, the easiest and quickest way to change your Cougarnet password is by logging in to a Law Center machine (students may use machines located in the library or wireless lab). Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and choose the option for “Change Password.”
However, if you are not on campus, please change your password here.
For information on the UH Strong Password Standard, click here.
Faculty / Staff should be sure to change to the "Faculty/Staff" tab below
Each individual is assigned an account which will allow you to access the Law Center network resources, such as email, VPN, software, and Law Center machines.
- Password Reset
- Passwords at UH expire every 90 days. If you are on campus, the easiest and quickest way to change your Cougarnet password is by logging in to a Law Center machine (students may use machines located in the library). Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and choose the option for "Change Password."
- Strong Passwords
- Strong passwords are recommended for all of your UH accounts. Look at the UH Password Standard.
- Account Lockouts
- Cougarnet accounts are locked out after attempting to login more than 3 times unsuccessfully. Accounts automatically unlock after 30 minutes. Here are some ways to troubleshoot, if you continue to be locked out.
- Sponsored Accounts
- Sponsored accounts are temporary accounts given to a person not affiliated with UH for the purpose of accessing UH computing resources. It is also given to Student Organizations to maintain an alias for their online presence.
- Account Names
- Find out how your alias is created and how to change if needed.