Legal Information Technology
- Need help? Open a ticket.
- Need to change your password?
If you are on campus, the easiest and quickest way to change your Cougarnet password is by logging in to a Law Center machine (students may use machines located in the library or wireless lab). Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and choose the option for “Change Password.”
However, if you are not on campus, please change your password here.
For information on the UH Strong Password Standard, click here.
Faculty / Staff should be sure to change to the "Faculty/Staff" tab below
E-mail accounts are created in conjunction with a Cougarnet account. Exchange e-mail accounts will be used to receive information about law center events, announcements, and communication from University Employees.
All mailboxes have a 2 GB quota of storage. Once you hit the 2 GB mark, you will receive a notification that you are close to your quota mark. Once you exceed your quota, you will not be able to send or receive messages until you bring your mailbox under 2 GB. The quota includes all folders in your mailbox: inbox, sent items, deleted items, and folders you create. Exchange e-mail accounts expire the semester after graduation. You will no longer have access to the email once it expires. Please be sure to make prior arrangements so your e-mail is not lost.
- Log in to your web-based Law Center Exchange Mail.
- Why do I have a UH Alias in addition to an Exchange mail? The UH e-mail alias is a service provided by UH. For Students, this is a permanent e-mail address which you keep after you leave the university. Your alias can point to any e-mail address, including your Law Center Exchange e-mail address (email@example.com). You can see instruction on how to set up your e-mail alias here.
Setting up Mail
- How do I Setup Exchange e-mail in Mail or Outlook on a Mac?
- How do I Setup Exchange e-mail in Outlook on Windows?
- How do I Setup Exchange e-mail on an Iphone?
- How do I Setup Exchange e-mail on an Ipad?