Legal Information Technology
Some users continue to see intermittent connectivity issues and have reported a degradation of network services. UH technicians are currently working with Cisco and updates can be found on the UIT webpage. Click here for updates.
- Get Microsoft Office for Free! http://www.uh.edu/infotech/services/office365/office-pro-plus/
- Printers at the Law Center! Click here for instructions on how to print at the Law Center.
- New The Electronic Bluebook Training is now available online via Blackboard. This training is required to learn how to use and obtain the exam software. You will need to go through the training, and pass the quiz with a minimum of 80% in order to retrieve the EBB software. There are unlimited attempts. Good Luck!
- Need help? Open a ticket.
- Need to change your password?
If you are on campus, the easiest and quickest way to change your Cougarnet password is by logging in to a Law Center machine (students may use machines located in the library or wireless lab). Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys and choose the option for “Change Password.”
However, if you are not on campus, please change your password here.
For information on the UH Strong Password Standard, click here.
Faculty / Staff should be sure to change to the "Faculty/Staff" tab below
Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a utility which provides a secured connection for your computer. The VPN prevents your data from being intercepted while it is in route to the destination computer. The VPN client has the same functions as a firewall, therefore while the VPN client is running, you must turn off your firewall, or allow IPSec through on your firewall. Additionally, if you are trying to access network resources (your H: drive, e-mail via Outlook client) while you are off campus, you must have the UH VPN client running. If you are trying to access Law Library resources (Hein Online, etc.) you must have the Law Library VPN running on or off campus.
VPN Installation for Inbuilt Mac Client (10.6 & Up)
Note: You must be connected to the Internet before attempting this process.
Note: 10.7 (Lion) and up can still use the 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Instructions
Cisco VPN Client Installation for Mac (10.6 & Below)
- Download the latest version of the VPN Client software
After the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the files and double-click on the downloaded file. Once you have double-clicked the set-up icon, the Installation Wizard set-up window will appear. Double click on the "Cisco VPN Client.mpkg" Click continue to run the installation package. Click continue and accept the license agreement. Choose the hard drive to install and click continue. Click install and type in you computer's username and password. Once, the installation is complete, restart your computer. Once restarted, start the VPN Client Click on Import
Browse to the file LawLibrary.pcf file you unzipped, highlight it and click "open" On the VPN client, you will now see two entries, UHVPN and LawLibrary.